Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Countdown To "Defeating Giants"...

Well... the studio time and engineer have been booked! I will be recording 2 new stories on Friday with my great creative audio engineer Sonny Dufault. The stories will be on my new CD, which is tentatively called Defeating Giants.

I memorize each story before I record it. This allows me to perform the story and refine the characters and tone. I have been performing David and Goliath for about 2 years now, and Namaan the Leper for several months. I decided that now was the time to record those stories, and mix in the music and sound effects. I am presently memorizing and getting the story of Gideon ready, and I hope to record that in the not to distant future.

Sonny, the audio engineer I work with, has a great ear. His skill in recording my voice, and then in being able to pick out or create sound effects and music that compliments the stories is unmatched. We have been working together on various projects since 1988, and I think he knows what I like, and I know and trust his advice and ideas.

So... the CD is on its way!

I'll keep you up to date!

No comments: